IT Support Technician
Full Time | In House, Portland
About the Job
Our IT Department is busy! We love our IT team, and they work hard to adjust to the rapidly evolving business needs of our firm. We are looking for an IT Support Technician who thrives in a dynamic environment. Our ideal candidate is a team player who can join our expert staff in fulfilling the firm’s mission to create places where people and communities thrive. This position is based in our Portland, Oregon office and is flexible for either full-time or part-time hours.
- Basic help desk support for our staff, assisting with hardware and software problems
- Configure and install end-user software and hardware
- Setup user accounts and workstations
- Returning leased equipment to the vendor
- Supporting printers, copiers, fax, scanners, and plotters
- Maintain computer inventory database
- Maintain IT related aspects of Confluence documentation.
Requirements & Skills:
- Working towards a degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, System Administration, or a closely related field
- 0- 1 years of database, network administration, or system administration experience
- Basic knowledge of and experience with:
- PC hardware set-up and configuration
- Microsoft based operating systems and Office products
- Photoshop or other photo editing software
- TCP/IP networking, including DNS, DHCP, etc.
- Basic HTML
- Current security practices
- iPhone/iPad (Android knowledge helpful, but not required)
- Initial to basic ability to communicate with and support the staff effectively and professionally.Strong written and verbal skills
- Time Management.Initial to basic ability to manage time to complete multiple tasks in a timely fashion and in the time required
- Initial to basic technical troubleshooting skills. Ability to isolate problems and recommend solutions. Ability to understand, manage and maintain the office-wide systems. Initial to basic ability to demonstrate good decision making ability, follow direction and pay careful attention to detail.
- Basic knowledge of systems and networking software, hardware, and networking protocols
- Basic knowledge of implementing and effectively developing helpdesk and IT operations best practices, including expert knowledge of security, storage, data protection, and disaster recovery protocols.
We’re a passionate group. We believe in innovation, collaboration, and the people who make both possible. We hire for long term cultural fit and not for specific projects. Our cultural philosophy is rooted in compassion and camaraderie, and each day we strive to create a better environment for ourselves and for those we serve. We are inclusive and believe every individual’s participation enhances the end result. We prioritize education, empowerment, and a work-life balance. Wellbeing is our top priority, in our work and in our culture, because good design isn’t just about aesthetic. Our balanced, holistic approach fuses function and beauty to create meaningful places for people. In this ever changing world we live in, LRS strives to continually adapt our work styles and habits. We have embraced flexible schedules and a Hybrid work style which allows individuals to work a combination of “remotely” and “in the office”. Voted a Top Place to Work six years running, we offer a generous benefits package with a competitive compensation in a fun, casual work environment. Check out our Instagram @lrsarchitects!
For more information or to apply for this position, please visit our website: https://lrsarchitects.com/workwithus/